Nutritional Weight Management Programme
- Small group of 10 people
- Great way to meet new people
Dates to be confirmed
Please email me for future events
Week 1 lesson plan
- Discuss course contents
- Weigh and measure all participants
- Identify your existing eating habits or patterns
- Discuss possible changes to your habits/patterns
- Provide a forum in which you can feel supported enough to share experiences and get to know each other.
Week 2 Lesson Plan
- Establish the guidelines for a healthy diet.
Week 3 Lesson Plan
- help you to understand the principles of weight management in simple terms of energy balance
- show you what calories are, where we get them from and the way in which they influence total energy intake and their role in weight management
- Show you what happens to the excess calories we consume and don't use.
Week 4 Lesson Plan
- Show you how to adapt the healthy eating plan to suit varying lifestyles.
Week 5 lesson Plan
- Discuss the benefits of fibre, salt, vitamins and minerals,
- Discuss the effects of salt, pre-packaged food and alcohol on a healthy eating plan
- Discuss opportunities for enhancing the nutritional value of meals through recipe adaptation.
Week 6 Lesson Plan
- Highlight the importance of exercise in the slimming process and show how it fits into the energy balance equation
- Discuss the difference between physical activity and exercise
Week 7 Lesson plan
- Explore the relationship between food and body image
- Raise your awareness of the links between emotion and food
- Discuss strategies with the group on ways of dealing with the factors that influence eating habits
Week 8 Lesson plan
- Conclude the course
- Establish weight and inch loss
- Help you to continue with the progress made to date.